Good dvd media supplier

naggis 15:33 24 Feb 04

I've just installed a dvd writer and now need some dvd-rw and dvd-r disks - say 5 of each. Can anyone suggest a reliable and cost effective (cheap) supplier?

Stuartli 15:44 24 Feb 04
  SEASHANTY 16:13 24 Feb 04

Also try Blankdiscshop click here

naggis 16:14 24 Feb 04

Hi Stuartli
These are great. Is this a reliable supplier?

Stuartli 17:39 24 Feb 04

Yes, use it regularly and also SVC Communications (I get stuff for my son as he's out at work all day and he picks it up on the way home).

After sales service is also excellent whilst BigPockets also delivers some great bargains - NEC 1100ND DVD+R rewriters were on sale over the weekend for just £35 including VAT.

naggis 18:17 24 Feb 04

stuartly
And I thought that £67 for a Liteon was cheap. Thanks for the info.

A Mutu 19:35 24 Feb 04

i have just visited the help forum for the first time and am pleased to tell you that you have answered my main reason for coming here. blimey, this helping stuff is easy. cheers

Stuartli 09:27 25 Feb 04

Just for interest - latest BigPockets offer is a Umax 5520 multi-region capable, 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS SPDIF Digital Out DVD player, plus the Umax H8150 5.1 surround sound speaker system.

Price? £59.99 including VAT.

Stuartli 09:34 25 Feb 04

There's no reason why DVD rewriters should really be any more expensive than a CD-RW rewriter - they are basically the same thing.

But manufacturers take maximum financial benefit from those who want the latest technology NOW - we reap the rewards afterwards...:-)

Remember that last year DVD rewriters were still priced at up to more than £200, but prices have plummeted since then whilst specifications, as usual, have substantially improved.

It's the same with CD-RW rewriters - little more than £20-£25 upwards now with maximum read, write and rewrite speeds, yet priced well into three figures less than two years ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…