Good Domain Name needed?

pj123 13:18 22 Aug 06

Looking for a domain name that would be relevant for this site: click here

At the moment it is running under one of my web domain names which doesn’t reflect the content.

All ideas appreciated and I will do the "availability" checks.

Thank you

ade.h 16:51 22 Aug 06

Hi pj, how do the owners usually refer to the place when making bookings, etc?

pj123 17:23 22 Aug 06

ade. They call it "The Retreat", not very innovative. Must be hundreds of them, sounds the same as "Dun Roamin" to me.

Got a few myself.

southyorks-selfcatering

selfcatering-direct

laughton-selfcatering

southyorks-holiday

getaway-selfcatering

go-southyorks

all .co.uk and all still available at the moment.

It is registered with one of those sites that say "we will put your place on the map etc....." but nothing has become of that yet.

I think they have only had one firm booking off the net. All the others have come from "word of mouth" via friends, relatives etc.

ade.h 17:44 22 Aug 06

Avoid "theretreat.com"; they'll get hits from people looking for a religious retreat. southyorksholidays.co.uk looks good to me. No hyphens, so easy to quote verbally, and has potential for growth such as advertising/listing other related businesses and things of interest.

Forum Editor 18:48 22 Aug 06

because to be honest it isn't a good idea to dscuss possible names in a public forum. Many people have done so in the past (although not here, I'm pleased to say) and found that when they go to register the name of their choice it's been registered to someone else.

Later on, they've received emails offering to sell the name for a tidy sum.

Registering with sites who say they'll put you on the map is largely a complete waste of time and money. The way to get a site noticed is to market it. This kind of business is likely to do well if you can persuade other sites to link in to you. For a start you might try all the sites that are on your links page - people go to them for information about the area. Tell them you're linking to them, and ask them if they'll reciprocate. The more links into your site the more likely you are to get traffic - and bookings

pj123 18:50 22 Aug 06

ade, yes will do. Had them knocking on my door this morning. Fortunately, I saw them coming, as they stand around in a group before splitting up to start their onslaught.

Have emailed the owners, awaiting their response.

pj123 18:48 28 Apr 07

How did I forget this one? It is so old it isn't true.

Will tick it now.

The owners are now selling the property so the website is not relevant any more.

i4u2 12:43 04 Jun 07

Point your web browser to holidays4u2.com
and it will re-direct you to the ebay auction for that domain name for sale. This might be just the name your looking for. It is not being sold for very much and there is no transfer fee involved.

Other rare domains for sale can be found here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…