Is this a good deal ?

tenroom 17:17 06 Apr 05

Just been quoted £668 by Dell for the following.

Dell 8400 Dimension Series
3.2GHz P4
1024MB DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro
3 yrs Warranty

Is this any good ?

tenroom 17:29 06 Apr 05

Oh I forgot ! 80GB hard drive

Starfox 17:43 06 Apr 05

It's very nice but before you decide take a look at this click here

tenroom 09:15 07 Apr 05

Yeah looks good but for the same spec, it works out more expensive, gives me a load of stuff I don't need and the warranty isn't as good as Dell's.

wobblymike 09:21 07 Apr 05

As you are using this forum I guess you have some PC building ability - why not build it yourself? you could do so for between 400-450 easily and have ths satisfaction of having done it yourself. I have just completed building a P4 system from scratch with very similar spec to yours and with XP Pro and SP2 and a good Graphics card for games etc. The grand total was £405 plus of course my time to build it, I enjoyed the challenge and have a cracking PC. Think about it.

tenroom 10:32 07 Apr 05

I have ZERO PC building ability. I wouldn't have clue as to how to install a motherboard nor would I have the time.

I can appreciate the satisfaction factor that doing myself would provide but that has to weighed up against the fact that I need the thing now, I need on-site warranty and I need to finish about three songs before the end of April.

pauldonovan 11:14 07 Apr 05

..to beat dell on 'bang for buck' at this price level. I've had a great experience with Dell in the past and they are doing some great deals.

Starfox 16:39 07 Apr 05

you are quite right with your comments,just thought you might like an alternative to look at before deciding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…