good comp book for a novice

cott66 15:20 03 Jul 03

any ideas i use windows 98.and need a basic book planty of pitures easy to follow.

Lú-tzé 15:28 03 Jul 03

Either the "for dummies" series or the "Sams teach yourself" are good; have a look in the local library for some ideas.

There are also a lot of guides on the net and experimentation / asking questions is the best way to learn. click here for a good starter.

wee eddie 19:37 03 Jul 03

If you are able to stay on line for a while each evening. Reading the threads here will improve your knowledge no end, albeit in a somewhat eclectic manner.

Otherwise, sample your local library's computer section. Most libraries offer Beginners Courses, which are free to many categories of client.

If you visit you local book shop, you will probably notice that many of the books on offer have a well thumbed look. That will have been me, as I grudge Paying £15 or so evey time I need the answer to some problem or other. Particularly as one of my first purchases was a book on how to use MS Office, and it did not mention, let alone answer 2 of my first 3 queries.

wee eddie 19:40 03 Jul 03

It has proved to be a very useful tome however.

As it keeps my monitor at exactly the right height.

the lone cloner 21:12 03 Jul 03

have a look at the dk series books (essential computers) under a fiver each, check out the cheap bookshops in your area; bargains to be had.

britto 21:24 03 Jul 03

try and get hold of.. Readers Digest How to do just about anything on a computer.., easy to follow and very practical. but XP edition out now so you will need to look around.

VoG II 21:27 03 Jul 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…