Good broadband?

dlguk 12:17 09 Feb 05

I have been with Onetel B/band for over a year (a customer for about 6 years, telephone and dial up). I have to get a new ISP, any ideas?

Ty

Graham ® 12:32 09 Feb 05

Migrate to Plusnet, using your existing modem. You have to have your existing speed to start with, once on you can change.

£14.99 pm, on a monthly basis, ie. no minimum contract. This is for 1MB, 1GB per month.

You get 500MB webspace. My (temporary) site is only 1MB (.4%) click here

Please choose your username with care, as your Email address will be anyname @ username.plus.com

rogertjj 14:04 09 Feb 05

Have a look at click here, they have lots of reviews

dan11 14:15 09 Feb 05

Sorry to but in dlguk. :-(

But what a good site Graham ®. I like the looks of George, helps unpacking the shoping. lol

He would go well with the three I have, they like sticking their nose in, where there is food. ;-)

dlguk 16:33 09 Feb 05

I currently use a netgear router (much clearer telephone line). I am not too keen on the limit as I download a lot but it is a good price. I would like at least a 1Meg connection with no minimum contract, no setup or disconnedt fee, no d/load limit and cheap...Wouldn't everyone :-)
Anybody got anything near that?

cheers

Graham ® 17:12 09 Feb 05

I think you will find that ISPs are now looking again at 'no limit' deals, as some people have been downloading 24/7. This adversely affects the contention ratio, and the cost of providing the service increases.

Recently, Plusnet put a cap of 100GB on the unlimited deal.

dlguk 18:58 09 Feb 05

You omitted to mentoin the setup fee ;_(, works out at about £20 ish a month

fuzzyone 19:13 09 Feb 05

dlguk,

you don,t say if you can recieve cable.

I have had telewest broadband for 3 years now, and cannot remember any problems with it.

P.S. 1Mb service with no restrictions @ £24.99 per month

Methedrine 19:46 09 Feb 05

Try click here, have a look at their packages. I've been with them for a year now. Brilliant customer service and thats rare these days. No download limit and a 1 month minimum contract. I'm on the Home 500 package.
Best of luck choosing, there's so many out there now.

reddwarfcrew 20:09 09 Feb 05

click here

this looks quite good. Any comments on them. Would I still be able to send/receive from my freeserve email address or would I have to change?

ade.h 20:35 09 Feb 05

F2S is very good; reliable, quick and very good costumer support. Migration from an existing DSL service will avoid the £50 connection fee. (Which is nice).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…