going wireless without cables

mushter 20:24 02 Aug 07

HI im thinking of going wireless as my master socket is 20feet away from my computer.
Is it possible to have a wireless modem plugged into the master socket and have it transmit to my pc wihout an eternet or usb connection?

STREETWORK 20:42 02 Aug 07

Yep, but you will need a wireless card or USB adapter with a good range

mushter 21:51 02 Aug 07

ive got a netgear DGB111g modem and wg111v2 usb adapter will this be ok because im having problems connecting them

STREETWORK 12:18 04 Aug 07

This is ok, make sure you install the drivers and software before connecting the hardware....

irishrapter 15:15 04 Aug 07

You may also need to connect the router to your computer via ethernet cable in order to enable the wireless settings and to configure the router, then you can disconnect the cable and use the wireless device to connect to the router.

mushter 18:42 05 Aug 07

thx for the help ill give it a try

mushter 17:23 10 Aug 07

i tried installing with cables but when i tried to connect without Ive had major problems I cant seem to get a stable connection and worse my computer crashed and i had to use system restore to grt it started again.
I think the whole thigs a not starter

Strawballs 21:10 10 Aug 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…