GOING WIRELESS, BEST ,SIMPLEST AND MOST EFFECTIVE

j55ndy 17:17 29 Sep 05

Hi,
CONNECTED TO BROADBAND through wanadoo and 2nd fone line which is used for it and business calls upstairs, daughter has just got new sony laptop and wants it to connect everywhere, wanadoo charge 4 quid month extra for live box thing, seem to remember reading an article where xp and a wireless card was all that was required, is that very easy to do , how much is a car, whats easiest, im only moderately pc literate, advice would be hugely welcome, thanks. Sandy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 29 Sep 05

Is the laptop fitted with wireless, most are nowadays?

Wireless dongle click here in a spare USB port on your desk top and setup Internet connection sharing on a ad hoc net work.
click here

polo 18:18 29 Sep 05

Good when it works! But not simple. Had an awful job getting mine going at the start then it worked OK for 6 months then trouble. I have had a friend who is just retired from being the head of the local University computer department helping me and it took him 3 sessions of 4 hours to get it going again. You need a very good phone set up and often they will only work if pluged into the main phone socket and even then they can be tempramental. You might be lucky but from my experience it aint simple or easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…