going wireless

smalllugs 08:11 25 Dec 05

Any advice on the installation of a wireless router before i get stuck please. This will be hard wired to my pc but i also want to connect my laptop which is wireless. The line is bt and i am currently with pipex. Are there any simple steps to follow? any advice is greatly appreciated as i have no experience at all regarding this. Merry Christmas to all

Diodorus Siculus 09:36 25 Dec 05

Do you have the router? What model is it?

Generally speaking you will need to connect the router to the phone line, then the network cable to the router / lan port.

There should be some instructions with it - if not, post the model number here and we can find you a user manual that will be specific to your equipment.

Taff™ 17:33 25 Dec 05

Try this link for Settings click here If it doesn`t work log in to Pipex with your Username & Password then in the left hand menu choose Technical Support. From there under step 1 choose Installation & Connection.

As Diodorus says, it might be useful to know what router make and model you have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…