buel 13:19 28 Dec 08

Hi, iv had my Medion laptop for 3 years, these are the details:
Medion MD 96032 and this information appears on 'My Computer':
Intel(R)Celeron(R) M CPU
410 @ 1.46 Ghz
504MB of Ram
Windows Xp

Iv since added 1Gb to make it 1.5Gb of ram
Iv got the various anti-virus', firewall etc that people have kindly recommended me over the years (skidzy has helped tremendously) and it still works ok-ish but is a litlle slow, im guessing this is down to the various viruses and malware i must have picked up over the years so im planning to get my pc friend to wipe the hard drive and reinstall xp (actually Xp media), are there any tips you can recommend or warnings?
Thankyou in advance..
Ps- would boosting my ram to 3Gb help that much being as it only Xp?

buel 13:51 28 Dec 08

Hi, iv had my Medion laptop for 3 years, these are the details:
Medion MD 96032 and this information appears on 'My Computer':
Intel(R)Celeron(R) M CPU
410 @ 1.46 Ghz
504MB of Ram
Windows Xp

Iv since added 1Gb to make it 1.5Gb of ram
Iv got the various anti-virus', firewall etc that people have kindly recommended me over the years (skidzy has helped tremendously) and it still works ok-ish but is a litlle slow, im guessing this is down to the various viruses and malware i must have picked up over the years so im planning to get my pc friend to wipe the hard drive and reinstall xp (actually Xp media), are there any tips you can recommend or warnings?
Thankyou in advance..
Ps- would boosting my ram to 3Gb help that much being as it only Xp?

canarieslover 14:05 28 Dec 08

Being a laptop, which do not use standard components, ensure that you have all the drivers for it before you wipe the hard drive. Motherboard, sound and graphics drivers will be the minimum that you will need to be able to get it running again properly.

buel 14:09 28 Dec 08

Thanks for that, how will i get those please?

canarieslover 16:02 28 Dec 08

Is it a Medion recovery disk or a Microsoft Windows install disk? If it is a recovery disk then it should have the drivers already on it. If it is a Microsoft disk you will have to check any disks that came with the PC originally. One should hopefully be a utilities disk which may well include the drivers. Failing that, try Medion website to see if you can download drivers.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…