Going online with my laptop

chaztait 15:19 29 Dec 04

Hi it was just to ask if you can go online with a laptop using a Centrino? And what servers there are and how much they are?

Thanxs

Chaz

AndySD 15:25 29 Dec 04

Hi Chaz

The adverts are a little misleading. If you live in an area with a free wireless hotspot then you can connect simply. If like most of us you do not then you will need to get a broadband connection to your house and install a wireless router. Some providers will let you buy the modem/router as one box.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:07 29 Dec 04

HOW TO SETUP AND SHARE A BROADBAND INTERNET CONNECTION
click here

woodchip 18:17 29 Dec 04

Or you can use the Modem that is already in your Laptop and connect by Dial-Up, but you need a ISP. Like Tiscali from a Mag CD. It depends what you are willing to pay and how much you want to use the Net

chaztait 19:57 29 Dec 04

no its for when i am away from home and there is no landline and no broadband.

TomJerry 20:38 29 Dec 04

just lay on beach and open your Centron laptop and access net. If nothing happen? Call Intel to ask them how did they do it which was shown on TV.

Graham ® 20:53 29 Dec 04

OK, I'll be the mug to ask - do you have a Centrino enabled laptop with an integrated wireless LAN?

chaztait 23:35 29 Dec 04

em not sure all i know is its Centrino

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…