GOING MAD HELP NEEDED! WIRELESS NIGHTMARE

HELLO TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME,I SPENT 1 HOUR WITH TALK TALK,3 DAYS TINKERING, AND OVER AN HOUR TALKING TO LINKSYS USA, TRYING TO SET UP MY WIRELESS SYSTEM FROM PC TO LAPTOP. I USE A BT VOYAGER 205 ROUTER CABLE BROADBAND TO MY PC A USB WIRELESS STICK LINKSYS MODEL WUSB54GC AND A LINKSYS LAPTOP PCI WPC55AG ADAPTOR.BELIEVE ME I HAVE TRIED EVERY SETTING I POSSIBLY NOW IM OUT OF MY DEPTH HERE AND LINKSYS ARE BLOODY USELESS! IS THERE ANYONE HAVE A SIMPLE STEP BY STEP SET UP INCLUDING WEP SETTINGS, IP ADDRESSES,ETC I PURCHASED A LAPTOP FOR MY KIDS TO USE THE INTERNET FOR NOTHING! THANKS AL.

crosstrainer 18:25 25 Apr 08

Capital letters are regarded as shouting.

also, not legible.

Post back and we will try to help. :)

RobCharles1981 18:26 25 Apr 08

For Starters can you future not use the "Caps Lock" Key it appears as if your shouting!!

As for your issue I can't help maybe others can.

cooki8c 18:27 25 Apr 08

have you switched the wireless on ,on your laptop I had that troubles as well until I found out you need to switch on the laptop wireless button

Technotiger 18:30 25 Apr 08

hi very sorry about the "CAPS ON" ,a very honest mistake! and yes I did check to see if its switched on, this model doesnt have a switch!

also I wont retype it because it wasnt "legible"? if no one will help on the basis because I left caps on, well sadly you need help and need to get out more! those who have suggested and posted help I thankyou a million times! thats all people want is genuine help and advice not criticism! thanks again to anyone who can give some good free advice, if not looks like I will have to pay through the nose for the geek squad to help me!

woodchip 19:17 25 Apr 08

Have you been into the Router Setup Page?

Woolwell 19:27 25 Apr 08

Unless I am totally missing something then you doen't seem to have a wireless router.
A BT 205 according to my searches has USB and ethernet connections only.

A USB adaptor for your PC and a notebook adaptor which unless I am completely mistaken don't transmit a wireless signal and are receivers.

You will need a modem/router.

mammak 19:37 25 Apr 08

Hi if you could provide the make and model of your laptop, we might be able to establish whether or not the wireless being on or off is the issue,

my Daughters laptop uses a key combination for instance, usually the fn key and the one key!

mines is just a key clearly marked with a wireless symbol,

and it might be this, but knowing wireless it could be any number of issues,

post back with some details of the laptop concerned, and the router, OS and anything else you think of that may help.

tullie 19:38 25 Apr 08

Beats me why people,when told they are in the wrong,have to retaliate by saying that this person needs help,and to get a life!!

mammak 19:41 25 Apr 08

Sorry I see you have already posted most of those details,
I take it your laptop uses a wireless card rather than built in wireless?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced