Going for this graphics card

Ade_1 21:50 01 Jan 06

click here

I am going for this, i have a Dell Dimension 5100, do you think it will be compatible, and i need to find out my power supply and im assuming i have a PCI-E slot in because i am sure my xcurrent graphics card is in there. Is there anyway to check the Power supply is (watts). Thanks Aidan

Mr Mistoffelees 21:59 01 Jan 06

Ebuyer have the 8x agp version of the same card available so you have no problem whether you have an agp slot or pci-e. As for your psu, the easiest way to check is to look at the label on the side of the psu casing.

Sidetrax 22:09 01 Jan 06

I've got that graphics card, its great for the price, and its SLI

Ade_1 22:21 01 Jan 06

i have checked the sdie of label it came out with this

+5 AND +3.3V SHALL NOT BE EXCEED 150W
+12VA AND +12VB SHALL NOT EXCEED 264W
MAX OUTPUT POWER = 305w

I am assuming thats ok^^^

And as for the agp slot, i cant because i do not have an AGP slot, but after checking it looked verymuch like a X16 PCI-E slot so i think im ok

Ade_1 22:22 01 Jan 06

so my power supply is 305w yes?

GuZ><0r 22:54 01 Jan 06

That is a great card, and if I'm right will support Shader model 3, so is fairly future proof. And if your power supply is 305w, (I don't know) then you are most likely to need a new PSU as well.

Ade_1 22:55 01 Jan 06

so it wont be compatible ?

007al 23:04 01 Jan 06

The 6600GT doesnt need its own power supply,and ive seen them used in 300W systems ok.Although it would need to be a stable psu.
It would be better to get a bigger psu

Ade_1 23:08 01 Jan 06

that could be a problem as it would break the warrenty which i wouldnt want to do. I may just havbe to get a difernet card or keep with my ATI Radeon x300.

ade.h 23:25 01 Jan 06

Some PSUs deliver very close to their rated output when the drain is enough to warrant it. Many PSUs don't and that can probably include a lot of the unbranded OEM PSUs that mass-market system builders and use.

There is a way of testing them with some bit of kit, but you'd have to ask an electrical expert about that.

007al 23:32 01 Jan 06

Ive ran a standard 6800 in a 300W case in the past with no problem,and that needed its own power supply.So long as you dont try any overclocking,it should work ok.Do you have any PCI cards in there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…