Going Back to DIRECTX 8 (from 9)

AnthonyB 17:47 06 Feb 04

Hello,

I wish to revert back to Direct X 8, as my Radeon 9000 doesn't fully support DX9, and it doesn't seem to run games as well either (lower frame rate etc)

I am running Windows XP home (usual other spec) andyone know how this is possible without too lots of hassle?

TIA

AnthonyB

Chegs ® 17:51 06 Feb 04

I usually run the Repair option from the install cd.Its biggest drawback,is you have to repatch your OS from WinUpdates.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:52 06 Feb 04

click here drill down to the lower part of the LHS and there is the Directx eradicator and a copy of 8.1

G

Smiler 18:03 06 Feb 04

I know it's shutting the door after the horse has bolted but if you had read the instructions on the micrsoft download page for DirectX 9 the following advice (which may be of use to other members) is given:-

The DirectX 9.0b runtime cannot be uninstalled. We recommend Windows Me and Windows XP users create a "System Restore" point before installing. For information on creating a restore point, please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
Windows Millennium Edition: Microsoft Knowledge Base article 267951.
Windows XP: Microsoft Knowledge Base article 310405

Chegs ® 18:10 06 Feb 04

I used DX Eradicator previously,but dependent on the reasons for going back(mine was DX-9b and TV card froze picture)depends on the success/failure of DX Eradicator.(or was it DX Destroyer)To get back to 8.1,I always use the XP Repair option(d/l'ing the Updates again isnt a prob on ADSL)as the app leaves bits of DX-9 that was crashing my card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…