Goggle memory

toonfireman1 22:10 02 Feb 05

I am passing on my old computer how can I get rid of the goggle memory?

phono 22:22 02 Feb 05

Not sure what you mean, do you mean the Google history?

toonfireman1 22:32 02 Feb 05

I think so, its when you type in the drop down that shows past serches
Thanks

phono 22:38 02 Feb 05

I think what you need is some sort of software that delets MRU (Most Recently Used?) lists. I may be wrong on what MRU means but you get the gist I hope.

Do a Google search on "delete MRU", or similar, and see what that throws up.

I know that Spybot Search and Destroy has an option for deleting MRUs, not sure if it covers Google though.

phono 22:43 02 Feb 05

The first hit I got was click here more information here, click here not sure if it is what you want though.

phono 22:48 02 Feb 05

I haven't tried this one yet but it may be of interest to you click here

sidecar sid 23:20 02 Feb 05

In Internet explorer click on

Tools>

Internet options>

Content>

Auto complete

Click the clear forms and clear passwords buttons and remove the ticks from the use auto complete for boxes that have ticks in them.

daba 00:40 03 Feb 05

If I was 'passing-on' my computer and was being sensitive about saved search histories etc. - I would wipe the disks completely (various tools available), re-format it and leave it at that, the new owner would then have to re-install Windows.

Or, if I was being really really paranoid, I'd pass it on minus the hard disk drive, (cheap enough to replace nowadays), and smash the old one to bits with a 14lb lump hammer !

just depends what you've got to hide doesn't it? lol

Dan the Confused 01:07 03 Feb 05

On Google Toolbar, click on the word 'Google' next to search box and select Clear Search History.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac