GOFu**yourself.com..Help its hijacked my Browser!

BIGBAGGY 19:55 30 Oct 03

Someone has managed to get a prog onto my computer and every time I go to Internet explorer and click on one of my favourites this page opens up 1000s oftimes thereby making it impossible to browse.
I have spyware blaster and adaware and spybot none of these stop it. What can I do?

powerless 19:59 30 Oct 03

I bet a few jaws dropped when they read your title, a classic.

Is it a particuliar favourite? ...or does it set of the 1000 pages on any favourite?

Have you updated the spywrae progs?

VoG II 20:05 30 Oct 03

Have you got Norton? click here

BIGBAGGY 20:07 30 Oct 03

Its not a favorite or even a real site someone has mmade it up I think and then managed to get it to me I think it may be someone I upset on a forum
Norton Ill try it

BIGBAGGY 20:09 30 Oct 03

I have a network at home and I can still use this PC but the main one is totally ruined by this unuseable at the moment

Chris the Ancient 20:10 30 Oct 03

Try Start Page Guard at

click here

Djohn 20:10 30 Oct 03

Read the link from VoG, it's the last one, down at the bottom of the list! :o(

VoG II 20:13 30 Oct 03

The aforementioned site is real but I would advise anyone against going there. What you are getting are popup windows advertising the site.

BIGBAGGY 20:24 30 Oct 03

DJOHN....I don't understand m8 what and where? I don't have Norton but I have Adaware.

VoG II 20:26 30 Oct 03

What version of Windows? If it is ME or XP try a System Restore to before you got this nasty.

Norton is the only program that I've found that removes this yuk.

Djohn 20:28 30 Oct 03

Click on the blue link in VoG's post, then scroll down the list of headings. The one you have is the last one on the list. That site tells you how to remove it. Good luck j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…