Goback or Windows XP Restore ?

ray27 19:44 07 Jun 03

Windows XP Home OS

Recently the restore function would not restore to any point.

This was due to a faulty hard drive which has now been replaced.

When I was trying to find a solution to this I read that a programme in Norton System Works 2003 called Goback was better than Windows restore, I’m sure I read this in PCA.
I have now got Norton System Works but I am a bit hesitant to install Goback in case there is a conflict.

Should I install it or rely on Windows restore?

Any advise please

Philip2 19:52 07 Jun 03

Never worked for me caused a conflict on ME and XP but worked ok using W98.

Morpheus© 21:36 07 Jun 03

i could not get on with the restore system on my XP laptop, so i put in Go-back, the XP one never seemed to make any resore points, so before doing anything i would put them in,only had to forget and the whole lot went down the kermit, so in went Go-back..which i also use on the win98PC...problem solved...it is a god send.

VoG™ 00:51 08 Jun 03

As with most things it is a matter of personal preference. My PC came with GoBack pre-installed and it was removed within days - constant disk thrashing and so on. Others swear by it. System Restore is not perfect but it has only failed me once (and then jazzypop rescued me).

I would suggest that you try GoBack and see how you get on with it.

Kirrie Kiwi 06:58 08 Jun 03

I think you will have to choose between the two as one will conflict with the other. Kirrie Kiwi.

I have disabled system restore on my system due to being rubbish. I have systemworks 2003 with goback installed which is far more reliable than system restore. They do conflict on XP so you would have to disable system restore.

ray27 09:43 08 Jun 03

Thanks everyone for the advice .
I think I wiil disable Windows Restore and do as jpieter sugests

Many thanks folks

Dr. Charles 10:46 08 Jun 03

The Programme called GoBack is made by Roxio? Not Norton, Norton I don`t think have stolen the title.Its worth checking as the roxio progamme is the best

ray27 12:30 09 Jun 03

I can confirm that the program Goback is on the Nortons Systemworks 2003 disk

dr charles ,dont panic the programme that ships with systemworks is Roxio GoBack .
personnally i have stuck with the Windows system restore since moving to xp. i've never actually had to use it but im led to believe that the xp s.restore is a vast improvement on previous incarnations,
at the end of the day there is no substitute for regular full system backups (using ghost) and monitoring all installations with cleansweep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…