To goback or not

Head hurts 17:46 15 Aug 05

just had my pc running xp home cleaned and reinstalled as i had one or two niggly probs which are now sorted and it is running really well, one of the probs i had was that restore stopped working although it was set to run etc so i could not sort my probs by doing a restore. now my question is can i run norton goback along with xp restore, my pc shop could see no probs but as there is a wealth of knowledge on this site wondered if anyone has any thoughts on it as norton goback has so many more options. any advice much appreciated.

GaT7 18:12 15 Aug 05

GoBack is usually quite finicky about other 'similar' programs & could conflict with System Restore (though I have to admit I've not tried it on WinXP).

GoBack is easy to use & works well when it does, but if something goes wrong it could mean a reformat/reinstall, which I found out the hard way.

I would suggest you get a disk-imaging program like Acronis True Image 8.0. Norton makes a similar program called Ghost (9.0 is the latest version), but I've heard True Image is easier to use. G

GaT7 18:20 15 Aug 05

Sorry, I was wrong about conflicts between GoBack & System Restore click here.

However, I'd still recommend disk-imaging software in preference to GoBack. G

Head hurts 18:34 15 Aug 05

many thanks for taking the time to respond and find the very useful link which is very helpful

GaT7 18:50 15 Aug 05

No problem. If you decide to go for True Image, one purchase link is click here - WinXP is not mentioned, but it does work there click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…