GoBack or knackered disk

chopstick 12:55 30 Dec 05

When loading up at present (XP Pro, SP2) the load is halted with a missing or corrupt file message (system32.hal.dll).
I installed Goback as part of Nortons System Premierworks a few days back, it won't restore to a good point.
If I try to bring up the system in recovery, I get the XP Pro screen, and then a blue screen with a fatal error.
C000021a (fatal system error).
The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Searching on microsoft.com, this indicates a problem with GoBack.
I can't disable it - Norton says the system is unstable. I can't get the system up in safe mode because of the fatal error.
I haven't got a good boot disk (floppy) so can't get the system up in DOS to try and recover the dll.
Any suggestions on how to get the system up, or how to create a boot floppy very welcome (I do have an old pc on xp, but different config)

woodchip 13:07 30 Dec 05

Check hear to fix click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…