Go down from Professional 7

TN 16:45 26 Jul 10

My son purchased Windows 7 Professional and was told that it could be used on 2 computers - He told the rep that I already had 7 Home Edition on my computer and was informed that all I had to do was to activate my copy with the Reg. Number supplied. I did this and immediately I was running an activated copy of Windows 7 Professional after the activation on line was completed.. This went on for about 5 weeks and I started getting the message that I was running an unlawful copy of Windows. Now I accept that this may be true but is there an EASY want to re-install my Home Edition without the bother of a completely new installation and the possibility of losing a lot of my programmes in the process - note I do not havbe the space to do a complete back-up of everything.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 26 Jul 10

click here

insert your original home key number from the COA sticker and reactivate.

TN 17:06 26 Jul 10

Sorry Fruit Bat - did as you suggested but got the message - The product key you have entered will not work with this edition of Windows. You must either run Windows 7 set-up or enter a Windows 7 Professional product key. BTW do you think I should re-enter the Professional key that came with the product again? Also sincere thanks for your assistance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:03 26 Jul 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5