Is Go Back causing my start-up problems?

Guy Fawkes 09:20 18 Jun 03

Ever since I installed SystemWorks, icluding GoBack,I have problems at start-up 75% of the time.
I tends to lock up at the point when the cd-rw software "Packet Cd" is trying to open.
Any help!

Andsome 10:21 18 Jun 03

I have had to uninstall 'Go Back' due to major problems. Other visitors to the forum get no problems with the program. I understand that if you use XP, there can be serious conflicts unless you inactivate 'System Restore', before installing 'Go Back'..

TBH1 10:47 18 Jun 03

GoBack for me would be the very last program I would uninstall - - - this has saved me more times than I can remember. Do you have a CD in the writer when it freezes at the Packet CD thingy ??
When I used Adaptec I tended to leave a CDRW in the drive at all times - -but now since switching to Nero, I have had problems so only wop a CD in there when I'm gonna copy data there.
Maybe try disabling SystemWorks - - though must confess I don't know what this piece of software does -- I use Norton System Doctor and used to have fun and games with that but found am OK since I disabled the CrashGuard thingy in it.
This probably no use to you at all - - - I'll get me coat !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…