Gmail Problems

wky 10:39 30 Mar 06

Hi all, I'm using gmail at the moment and until recently, my outlook express fails to retrieve emails from the server. It says the server terminated the connection and I don't know why! I sign in using a web browser and it works fine there.

Also I'm using googles personalised home page, and before it kept me signed in with all my personalised icons etc. but now it wont keep me signed in and I have to load up the personalised homepage everytime I load up a new browser window, I also have to sign in again.

Anyone know what's wrong? Is it to do with google or me? Thanks.

taffyal 12:31 30 Mar 06

I run my emails with Foxmail, but I also have the Gmail notifier it runs in the background & tells me when I have Gmail. Works OK & its free!!

wky 22:50 01 Apr 06

Hi all, my problem wasn't really resolved. But I can now send and receive mail after I went into options and turned off SSL for the pop port or incoming mail and set the port to gmail's 995. But I'm not sure if I should disable it, does it matter if I do?

wky 22:51 01 Apr 06

btw, before all the problems, outlook express worked fine with SSL and pop port 995.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced