GMAIL - Login problems - Cookie, Firewall settings

RKMonty 21:13 29 Jun 04

Will be grateful for any assistance.. I have opened a GMAIL account....well why not !!...and when I try to sign in it says 'Your browser must be set to allow Javascript to set cookies' I've checked that in Internet options advanced settings that Java loggin enabled is 'Checked'. My MS firewall is off but I have Norton Internet Security firewall on...even when I disabled the Norton firewall it still came up with same message when trying to login to GMAIL....'Your browser etc'......any other checks I should do....or ideas ?? Thanks

woodbexhill 21:44 29 Jun 04

You could try another browser and see what happens with it, double check all your Java settings. Also try searching the Error on Google.

Out of interest, how did you get a GMail account? (You could send me a Gmail invite if you like :D)

woodbexhill 21:47 29 Jun 04

In IE properties under the Security tab click Custom button. If you scroll down you will see java related options and check/uncheck as required.

Charence 21:48 29 Jun 04

What browser are you using? IE 5 doesn't work, it has to be 5.5 or above

Charence

RKMonty 22:17 29 Jun 04

simple question how do Ii check what version of IE I'm using ??

VoG II 22:19 29 Jun 04

In IE, Help/About Internet Explorer

RKMonty 22:25 29 Jun 04

Thanks..just checked it's Version 6.0

RKMonty 23:13 29 Jun 04

I found the answer on

click here

Hope the may help someone else.

Invitations are cheap on ebay..........

Thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…