Gmail - changing account name

justjill 15:39 22 Apr 05

Hello.

Does anyone know if you can change your Gmail account name? It seems to be possible; if you log in and click 'settings' and the 'account settings' there is an option on the left to edit your name. However, when you do this and save the changes, it doesn't actually change anything; if you log out and log back in again, the account still has the original account name.

Is this just a bug that hasn't been ironed out yet? There is no mention of it in Gmail help and I can't find any up to date information by searching the web.

Thanks in advance,
Jill

Klof Ron 17:23 22 Apr 05

Why not just open another account, send an invite to yourself or e-mail me on the yellow envelope and I will send one to you.

justjill 17:44 22 Apr 05

Hello.

The reason I don't want to do that is because I want to keep the email address. What happened was: my husband got a gmail address for our son with our son's name @gmail.com but he filled in the details with his own name, so if our son sends an email via webmail it appears to have come from his Dad.

Thanks for the invite, though :)

Jill

g0nvs 20:53 22 Apr 05

GMail won't let you change account details, tried myself.

ton 22:53 22 Apr 05

You could open another and have two (or more).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…