Glow Telecom changes !!!

Llyffant 21:28 20 Feb 04

Is anyone else out there as frustrated as I am with Glow Telecom's recent internet server changes?
Am I the only one who's lost my e-mail address without any clear notice of what was happening? I've got a slower connection than I had before, I can't update my Norton Security Software and to cap it all they don't reply to my e-mails.
Was my mistake to assume that as it was being promoted by Evesham I could expect the same quality of service I get from them?
Sorry about the rant - but can anyone suggest a more reliable - user friendly service out there?
I can't afford or justify Broadband at the moment but there must a reliable user friendly dial-up service out there somewhere.

TommyRed 22:11 20 Feb 04

I use Tesco anytime £13.50 per month unlimited access, I've heard a few complaints but I've never had any problems. Situated in Wrexham, North Wales. TR

shizzy 22:22 20 Feb 04

Hi Llyffant
We are with e.telecom and if you go to their web page you will find links there to help you.As long as you have your username and password and go to selfcare which is here (hope it works) click here you can perhaps get your email sorted. I take it that you have downloaded the new setup files. It was very short notice and was not without problems but understand that Glow brought about the change and Evesham had to go along with the changes. We had been logging on better until this evening when the connection was dropped as soon we connected but is ok now.Hope this helps.

shizzy 22:26 20 Feb 04

We can update Norton, M/soft ok.

Llyffant 19:26 21 Feb 04

Many thanks TommyRed and Shizzy.
I followed the instructions to the letter and all went well but have gone seriously downhill since.

shizzy 21:07 21 Feb 04

Just a thought, we were ok but had problems when was switched off and couldn't even connect to the internet until we deleted the old number from our two computers. I did get cut off earlier this evening after just 30mins but could reconnect straight away also yesterday, early evening again we couldn't get past verifying username and password for about an hour. When you read this and another magazine meesage board several people have had problems with various ISP's including Tesco. Hope you soon get sorted.

Morz 20:15 22 Feb 04

Something SERIOUSLY wrong with Glow since they changed to '.net' eg.,

self-disconnecting after few mins,
saying it's about to 'auto-disconnect' after few mins,
data stream breaks -
eg., loss of control -links won't work - so u hit 'dissconnect' but it doesn't hear u - because it aint 'listening'.

And they don't want to know.
I sent email entitled 'Unsatisfactory Internet Service'& got auto-response - 'will respond with 3 working days'.
11 days later I resent.
Another AUTO-response - 'don't send any more emails'!
O, and both their fax nrs are permanently engaged.

We would dump except have the telephone with them as well.
Would like to know if anyone has managed to find out what's going on.

Llyffant 22:17 22 Feb 04

Thanks Morz.
Has everyone also been issued a new e-mail address and lost any or equivalent e-mail addresses they had? I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mail of the 11th Feb and have re-sent on the 20th but I'm not holding my breath for a reply.
What really concerns me is that it's really messed up my Norton AntiVirus Live Update facility which I still can't get up-to-date.

shizzy 22:48 22 Feb 04

Didn't you get snailmail and email notification on Feb 6th telling you that changes had to be made by Feb 8th. It was very short notice and yes all old email addresses are now useless.

Llyffant 18:50 23 Feb 04

Hi Shizzy
No snail mail at all and the e-mail I got gave no information that the e-mail address was disappearing without a trace. If I'd had that - at least in that short time I could have changed my important contacts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…