Globle Template

User-178362 01:22 13 Aug 05

Trouble at sea. I sometimes get messages saying 1. Do you want to change Globle Templates, 2. Do you want to save existing normal, 3.Changes have been made that effect globle template normal. Most of the time I say no, but do not know what I am saying no too. Why does it say these words and what do they mean?

DieSse 01:53 13 Aug 05

I presume you mean when using Word.

The Global Template (filename normal.dot) is the layout in Word for a blank page. It predefines the margins, fonts, rulers, tabs, headers, etc.

You almost certainly do not want to change it - if you do your "blank sheet" will change in some way.

If you do change it, and want to get the original back - search the computer for the file normal.dot - then change all the filenames it finds to normal.old - then when you start Word again, it will make a fresh template to the original specifications.

VoG II 08:41 13 Aug 05

If you get this message when you exit Word click here

User-178362 14:52 13 Aug 05

Should I do something to check that word is as it should be. What should I do? It doesn't always come out with these sayings but it has done in the past.

VoG II 14:58 13 Aug 05

If you have Word 2000 or later then try running Detect and Repair from the Help menu. You will need to insert your Word CD when prompted.

These messages are normal if you actually are making changes to the default template. That could occur for example if you create AutoText entries.

User-178362 15:11 13 Aug 05

I just got the messages up again. Could it be my fault as I had PC Advisor up a number of times. I would also like to save these threads in word that I receive, but I get alot of stuff inbetween the threads that I do not want, stuff that doesn't make sence to me. I highlight click on copy then with difficulty go into word. then past.

User-178362 19:09 13 Aug 05

I have managed to put all the threads that I wanted into word. It took me a long time, but thats sorted.

User-178362 19:16 13 Aug 05

I was once a post coder. We could only work for one hour, then had to take a 10 min break. If you are on the computer too long you might become an eperleptic. Thats what the docter told someone. Just incase you didn't know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…