Is GLOBEX/globaleaccess a hijacker?

First Bass 13:59 19 Dec 04

My friend's machine seems to have been invaded by a product called GLOBEX. It has not only placed itself in the start up menu, but has installed itself as a dialler under the name "[email protected]", with the phone number 0871-2249415. If you delete the dialler from the connection dialogue box, and the (what appears to be) plug-in from Windows\system where it installs itself, it keeps re-appearing on reboot! Is this a hijack? And how do you kill it off completely?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 19 Dec 04

It is probably hiding in your system restore files.

Switch off system restore run anti spyware such as Adaware and spybot reboot to check its gone then switsch restore back on.

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
Spyware Sweeper click here

First Bass 20:35 19 Dec 04

Thanks Fruit Bat. The machine affected runs Windows 98 (original edition) - so I don't think there is a System Restore facility. This does seem to be a cheeky hijack though - as it creates its own user diallup! I must say that Adaware SE is really efficient. It picked up 300 odd "critical items" on that machine for quaranteening. If you think we can do anything more, (like find who wrote this code and pay them a visit!), I would be grateful!

First Bass 20:35 19 Dec 04

Thanks Fruit Bat. The machine affected runs Windows 98 (original edition) - so I don't think there is a System Restore facility. This does seem to be a cheeky hijack though - as it creates its own user diallup! I must say that Adaware SE is really efficient. It picked up 300 odd "critical items" on that machine for quarantining. If you think we can do anything more, (like find who wrote this code and pay them a visit!), I would be grateful!

VoG II 21:35 19 Dec 04

Please post a HJT log. click here explains how but please download the latest version from click here

You may need to post it in chunks because of the 800 word per post limit here. Also, please double-space it by adding a blank line every other line.

yogiebear 21:46 19 Dec 04

globalEaccess is a pain. does anyone have the medicine to get rid of it.

VoG II 21:47 19 Dec 04

HJT please, as above, but in a separate thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…