GLC44.TMP file eating my hard drive!!

Deb-232479 22:32 11 Apr 06

I have a 2 month old pc running WinXP. I like to keep things pretty tidy so was surprised when my C drive became suddenly full. Found a massive 65GB (!) temp file in my Documents and Settings folder, named glc44.tmp. No idea where it came from. It's creation date didn't seem to relate to anything I could identify. I've now deleted it, so am fairly happy but I still wonder what was that about? I've Googled it and found a couple of other people have a recurring problem with these files. The number (44 in my case) is variable but they find these files keep appearing and consuming hard disk space at an alarming rate. Nobody seems to have an answer. Any ideas as to what it might be?

VoG II 22:45 11 Apr 06

Start, Run, type

and click OK.

Navigate to the folowing key:

Right click it and choose Modify.

Change the value from 1 to 0.

Close the registry editor and restart.

Deb-232479 09:57 12 Apr 06

Hi VoG, thanks for your input. Maybe I'm just being dumb, but I have no GlobalLogger in there. I'm fascinated to know what you're thinking is on this, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…