Giving my pc away

paradiddle1984 18:50 14 Feb 03

OK im giving my auntie one of my PCs for my cousins as she cant afford on for them. e are to have them believe it is brand new but when u r on google and stuff it comes up with the list of all previous searches, and also, autocomplete is still functioning on it with all my details. How can we remedy these to matters?

Terrahawk 18:59 14 Feb 03

at the top of your browser assuming I:E here

tools
internet options
clear history & delete cookies this should help on the google front auto complete afraid i cant help

Rayuk 18:59 14 Feb 03

To be certain there are non of your previous details or clues that it is not a new PC then a Reformat and reinstal OS.is the best way to go.

Legolas 19:06 14 Feb 03

If you mean the list of previously visited sites that are listed on the google site search box then to delete them you click on the box to show the list then put your cursor over the first entry on the list do not click the mouse button when you put the cursor over an entry it will turn blue when this happens press delete on your keyboard and the entry will disappear repeat for all entries and they are gone.

AubreyS 19:12 14 Feb 03

For AutoComplete go to...

Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete

From there you can delete Passwords and Forms. Take out the three ticks for, Web Address’s, Forms and User names and passwords on forms.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…