GIMP will not open

Glen 17:23 17 Aug 10

I got the October magazine and wanted to try out the latest version of GIMP. It gets to the stage "Querying New Plug-ins" and then stops - although always at a slightly different point. I have un-installed and re-installed twice, but it is always the same. Having stopped the only way to proceed is to use Ctrl/Alt/Del and then log off.
Help please!
Glen

gengiscant 17:31 17 Aug 10

Corrupt install from the disk perhaps? Try it from here click here

Glen 20:31 22 Aug 10

I have uninstalled and re-installed a number of times. Have used the PCA disc, the Gimp website and Ninite. In every case it seems to instal OK, but when I try to open the program it stops at "Querying new plug-ins". Presumably the fault lies in my equipment. What can I do.
Glen

woodchip 20:47 22 Aug 10

Try this, Brows CD in Win Explorer look for Gimp, Copy Gimp to Desktop. Restart without CD in the drive keep tapping F5 as it starts to get you into Safe Mode then look for Setup in Gimp on Desktop and double click it

Simsy 07:30 23 Aug 10

That on my desktop installation og the GIMP it takes a long time at the "querying new plug ins"... but it does eventually finish.

It might be worth being patient, (very patient), to see if it does eventually open. Subsequent opening don't take quite as long.

Regards,

Simsy

Glen 19:24 23 Aug 10

Thanks a lot. Your tip worked. Now I can try the tutorial in October PCA.
Glen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac