The Gimp Photo programme

carper 14:53 23 Mar 04

I have loaded the Gimp photo manipulation programme and have the full official handbook with the C.D.
Can anyone tell me how to read the C.D. I get the message that windows is not able to open it as it does not know which programme created it. The handbook never mentions the C.D. and the web sites are no help either.
Any Ideas.

Sethhaniel 15:04 23 Mar 04

if so what file format (.***) last three letters

Astrix 15:08 23 Mar 04

its seems to be u havn't installed software yet. Try to open Cd (if not it run automaticaly) & find setup or insall file then run instalation from there.

carper 15:58 23 Mar 04

The programmes are installed and will work, but the C.D. is for instructions and examples.
I'll have to try to find the programme again

Belatucadrus 17:49 23 Mar 04

It's probably an Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) file, in which case you need adobe reader click here

carper 10:30 24 Mar 04

Sorry Belatucadrus not the answer. The disk loads easily into folders, but then the folders won't open. Thanks anyway

Pesala 10:42 24 Mar 04

This seems to be an HTML document, which means you should open it with Internet Explorer. Perhaps your file associations have got upset somewhere.

Browse to the CD, look for index.html or similar, right-click, open with, choose program, and open with your browser. Check "Always use this program to open files of this type."

carper 11:27 24 Mar 04

Sorry Pesala no luck. I think that the original programme was written for linux and the main programme has been adapted for Windows. Might this be the problem with the disc? Thanks for your efforts.

dth 11:38 24 Mar 04

when you look at the files in the folder what 3 letter digit do they have (ie doc)

carper 14:33 24 Mar 04

Typical folder reads ANIFRAME_GAP_EXAMPLE.TGZ
This might be the answer the Sethaniels question.
Thanks.

dth 15:37 24 Mar 04

carper - you were right a 'TGZ' file is similiar to a zip file on Windows. You would need to be running Linux to unzip it I think. No help at all but the command to uncompress the file in Linux would be something like:-

tar -zxf your-file.tgz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…