The GIMP.. Full Package?

D-Frame 09:37 08 Apr 04

Yesterday i was helped in finding The GIMP but once i downloaded it, it was in a load of files and there was some instructions which means i have to compress some stuff or something adnd well it just seems to complicated. Is there anywhere where i can get just a normal one that offers an installer?

powerless 09:42 08 Apr 04

For Windows?

Or Mr. Linux?

temp003 09:58 08 Apr 04

All you need is to make 2 downloads GTK+2 and GIMP itself.

Both downloads are just zip files. You just double click the zip files to unzip directly to exe files. Then you double click the exe file for gtk+2 to install it first. Then you double click the exe file for GIMP to install it.

These are already "installer" programs for Windows.

If you don't have any program to unzip it, you can download CamUnzip or WinImp (both free) and install them.

If this is still too complicated, yesterday you were asking which issue of PC Advisor has this program on their cover CD. I don't know, but maybe someone else know the answer.

This will bump it up for you.

D-Frame 10:33 08 Apr 04

[b]Powerless[/b]
Windows

[b]temp003[/b]
The GIMP package that i got yesterday contained 1000's of files... knowing me i got the source code of it instead of the proper thing... grrr... it was filled with '.c' and '.h' files.

carper 10:36 08 Apr 04

As temp003 says you need the GTK+2 to be able to use it. It was originally written for Linux. I have the full official handbook which has a C.C. which will only run on Linux. Gimp have a web site at click here which will give you a load of links and plugins. The handbook has 895 pages which is deeper than I'll ever get. Good Luck

temp003 11:16 08 Apr 04

The site I gave you yesterday has links to download the installer version for Windows. It's right on that page (where it says downloads ftp, http etc). I have tried a couple of them and they give you the simple zip files which unzip to single exe files.

Yes, I think you must have downloaded the source codes. That would be VERY complicated. I wouldn't know where to start.

temp003 11:22 08 Apr 04

Here's the link again. click here

Dragon Heart 22:50 01 Jan 05

Which issue of PC Advisor has this program on their cover CD ?

Nov 04 DVD !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now