Gimp

podlod 09:00 20 Apr 08

Hi, I have downloaded Gimp and I have tried to download the manual but the site is slightly confusing, so I tried SEARCH on this site and I got the manual ok but cant seem to download, please help, thank you.

Covergirl 09:32 20 Apr 08

Quote "GIMP comes with a built-in help system. Once you have started the program, press F1 for context-sensitive help. You may have to install the help pages from a separate package (gimp-help), depending on how your version of GIMP was packaged."

I can't seem to find a download either but it's on my system under C: \Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\help\en\index.html

Does F1 work ?

I got mine packaged on a cover disk. I assume I installed Help from the cover disk. Check through a few see if it's on there.

octal 10:28 20 Apr 08

If you are using Windows then you can download the help file from click here in zip format and it will give instructions at the bottom on where to place the file once it's downloaded.

podlod 11:13 20 Apr 08

Hi, I downloaded Gimp from my browser (I think) and I have pressed F1 but nothing happens, and when I went to the site of Gimp-Win I dont quite understand what they mean? is this a manual download, and if so where and what do I click? sorry to be so evasive.

Covergirl 17:35 20 Apr 08

The Help download is the last orange link in the bottom box on the page linked to above. Click this and it will take you to a suitable mirror site. When the Download dialogue is displayed, you should click the Save button which will give you the Save As dialogue so you can choose where to save it.

When it's downloaded, double-click to run it, through Windows Explorer (My Computer etc) and it should install itself in a suitable location.

When it's installed, fire up The Gimp and press F1 for help.

Covergirl 17:41 20 Apr 08

Note: If you actually want the Manual ,I think you'll find that the Manual and Help are one and the same document.

If you're still having trouble after this, try posting in the Absolute Beginners section click here where somebody may be able to take you through it step by step.

podlod 14:49 21 Apr 08

Hi, thanks covergirl and octal, took your help and have now downloaded to my drive, works a treat. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…