Gigabytye-GA-7Vax Mobo any opinions please?

rickf 13:06 09 Apr 03

Dear All.
About to buy the above m/b. Has anyone any direct experience of this m/b? Is it easy to mount and get started? Any sugegstions and experience much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Elrond 13:51 09 Apr 03

I have the Ga-7VA which probably has a few features less than the VAX, but i think the VA is an excellent motherboard, DDR support, ATA133, USB2.0 etc. So I would imagine the VAX would be a good board also with some extra features. My personal opinion would be to go for it.

Legolas 14:17 09 Apr 03

I do not have personal experiance of this m/b but after looking at a few on-line reviews the only disadvantage I could see was the fact that the m/b was not overclock friendly, so if you are not interested in overclocking it seems to get the thumbs up.

rickf 15:09 09 Apr 03

Thanks guys. This helps a lot. The m/b takes up to 2.6 and I think may be able to take 2.8 with a flash but I don't think I woul;d need to. ".6 is plenty for my friend's purpose. Am building it for a friend when he saw my mod comp. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…