Gigabyte SINXP1394 motherboard Dual Power Supply

Tony_B 23:51 03 Oct 05

I have a Gigabyte SINXP1394 motherboard which features a Dual Power supply and has an extra card with fan for this purpose.

A Dual power supply failure indication shows on start up. I checked inside and the fan on the extra part seems to be working and the fancy blue light on the chip are on.

I have tried contacting Gigabyte but their advice was to update the Bios which has proved to be useless and of no help.

What should I do know?

GaT7 00:43 04 Oct 05

Having never come across this error before, does this mean that you cannot use the PC at all?

When did you purchase the mobo? If it's still under warranty you could return it for a replacement, maybe? G

Tony_B 00:55 04 Oct 05

PC still working puchased over a year ago

GaT7 19:39 04 Oct 05

Tony_B, this is the only forum thread where I could find any success with this problem click here - users have done varying things to solve it. Good luck, G

Tony_B 22:56 04 Oct 05

Thanks Crossbow7 that thread describes the problem exactly. Its just that mine has been working fine for over a year and then suddenly it started having problems.

I am going to have a friend of mine look at this, he's a bit more tech than me. We will see what happens.

Tony_B 20:47 23 Nov 05

An update to an earlier version of the Bios seems to have worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…