Gigabyte Motherboard Problem

wetterfugal? 20:02 10 Jul 03

I have a Gigabyte 7VRXP 1.0 MB and I had a message during POST to the effect that there was no RAID drivers installed. I do not use RAID but after some time I got risd of the nag by installing RAID from the supplied MB disk. That got rid of that but now I have another nag during POST saying "MBUlta133 CPDC20 BIOS not installed because there are no drivers.

Everything seems to work OK, Ultra 133 is what I set the bus speed at MY Maxtor HD is Ultra 133 and that is the extent of my knowledge, can anyone help please?

Ironman556 21:33 10 Jul 03

Have you tried looking at the gigabyte website? Sometimes they release bug fixes.

Gaz 25 21:35 10 Jul 03

First: You need to press DEL on boot up to enter your BIOS.

Once in go to: Integrated Peripherals

Then go to: Onboard H/W ATA/RAID and select Disable.

Performance will also be increased and the message will go away as well as the annoying Detecting / \ / \ thingie.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Gareth

Gaz 25 21:42 10 Jul 03

It is not a bug so run the quick fix that I suggested first because I had the same problem at first.

Regards,
Gareth

wetterfugal? 23:52 10 Jul 03

Thanks for that Gareth, I think that you are right. I tried the Gigabyte site first and posed the question but they ask for infomation about bios and vga that they sugesst can be found if I open the case so I tried the forums I found out that MB lets you know that this is the driver for creating a mirror as opposed to "SB" for a stripe. So, to answer is simply to disable the RAID feature from the BIOS so I will do as you say and let you know what happens.

woodchip 23:56 10 Jul 03

It's asking for ATA 133 HD drivers they may be on motherboard CD

wetterfugal? 00:12 11 Jul 03

OK chaps I got it, I did not have the "Onboard H/W ATA/RAID" but I did have ATA selected which by Pg UP/Pg Down ran through ATA/RAID/Disable. I set this to 'disable' and all is well, I even got rid of that annoying Detecting / \ / \ thingie that you said and that I forgot to mention.

Thank again, Vic A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…