Gigabyte Motherboard Problem

wetterfugal? 20:02 10 Jul 03

I have a Gigabyte 7VRXP 1.0 MB and I had a message during POST to the effect that there was no RAID drivers installed. I do not use RAID but after some time I got risd of the nag by installing RAID from the supplied MB disk. That got rid of that but now I have another nag during POST saying "MBUlta133 CPDC20 BIOS not installed because there are no drivers.

Everything seems to work OK, Ultra 133 is what I set the bus speed at MY Maxtor HD is Ultra 133 and that is the extent of my knowledge, can anyone help please?

Ironman556 21:33 10 Jul 03

Have you tried looking at the gigabyte website? Sometimes they release bug fixes.

Gaz 25 21:35 10 Jul 03

First: You need to press DEL on boot up to enter your BIOS.

Once in go to: Integrated Peripherals

Then go to: Onboard H/W ATA/RAID and select Disable.

Performance will also be increased and the message will go away as well as the annoying Detecting / \ / \ thingie.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Gareth

Gaz 25 21:42 10 Jul 03

It is not a bug so run the quick fix that I suggested first because I had the same problem at first.

Regards,
Gareth

wetterfugal? 23:52 10 Jul 03

Thanks for that Gareth, I think that you are right. I tried the Gigabyte site first and posed the question but they ask for infomation about bios and vga that they sugesst can be found if I open the case so I tried the forums I found out that MB lets you know that this is the driver for creating a mirror as opposed to "SB" for a stripe. So, to answer is simply to disable the RAID feature from the BIOS so I will do as you say and let you know what happens.

woodchip 23:56 10 Jul 03

It's asking for ATA 133 HD drivers they may be on motherboard CD

wetterfugal? 00:12 11 Jul 03

OK chaps I got it, I did not have the "Onboard H/W ATA/RAID" but I did have ATA selected which by Pg UP/Pg Down ran through ATA/RAID/Disable. I set this to 'disable' and all is well, I even got rid of that annoying Detecting / \ / \ thingie that you said and that I forgot to mention.

Thank again, Vic A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…