Gigabyte GTX 580 ( confused )

charles60 00:36 15 Mar 11

Next mth I will be buying the Gigabyte GTX 580 1536MB video card. I have been looking at all the Computer internet outlets but I am getting a bit confused now firstly there seems different makes of the same card ranging from £325 for the "Sparkle NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB" The one from scan @ £412 right up to £500!Can someone tell which is the best make to go for and why is there such a big difference in prices and so many of the same thing The one I am thinking of going for is this one: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express - Retail Also saw this one but its a bit out of my league Scan.co.uk: Quadro FX 5800 SDI In/Out 4GB NVIDIA - PNY Graphics Card - VCQFX5800SDINOUT-PB JESUS That is expensive. Thanks for any help that anybody can give me. Will be buying the card plus other bits at the end of next mth when I get back from Malaysia the it will begin :-)

gengiscant 08:51 15 Mar 11

Eric.It would be helpful if you could provide links to the various cards you are looking at, which will hopefully provide detailed specs, also what is your budget for the GPU?

carver 09:04 15 Mar 11

I don't think that any body can tell you which one to buy that has to be your option.

One thing I can tell you is that the last card you mentioned with 4GB of memory is way over the top for any games out at this moment and any that are coming out, unless you are going to run a 50" monitor.

Hope you have a decent PSU to power that thing up, I've seen people recommend a 1000W PSU to make sure they have sufficient clean power.

charles60 09:08 15 Mar 11

Thanks Glen my Budget is £430 Sorry to be thick but i am not sure how do these links. you are talking about on this forum If pos can you tell me how Thanks Eric

charles60 09:13 15 Mar 11

Hi carvr My power unit is a Corsair hx 750W I only highlited the last one because of the price over £7,000 Would anybody pay that price for a GRAPHIC CARD !!!!

Coltch 09:24 15 Mar 11

The Quadro FX5800 is a professional workstation card.

As for the GTX580, just go for the one with the best warranty and bundle (or look at the GTX570).

charles60 09:32 15 Mar 11

Is there a lot of difference between the GTX 580 and the GTX570 beside price.

gengiscant 09:43 15 Mar 11

Hi again Eric,to post a link to a particular item,as an example I will be using the Scan computer site. First of all find the item you wich to link, go up to the address bar and left click anywhere in the address bar,which will show a long line of letters/numbers etc this will turn blue then simply right click copy and then right click paste here.click here

charles60 09:49 15 Mar 11

click here Hope this right Glen

charles60 09:58 15 Mar 11

Here are the others have been looking at click here. click here click here. The first two is the ones that have been rcomended to me. What do you think and also is my Crosair HS750W Power unit still ok any of these Graphic Cards ?

gengiscant 10:10 15 Mar 11

Spot on.Now as for your card,what resolution is your monitor on the build as the 580 might just be overkill and there is not a lot of difference between that and the 580.
But if you have the cash and want the 580 the one you have linked to is fine but can be bought cheaper click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac