Gigabyte GA-71XEH Mobo

stgeorge1970 18:08 20 Aug 03

i currently have 512mb sdram in my board. the manual for the board states that it supports 1.5gb of SDRAM. however, i bought another stick of 512mb SDRAM, put it in my board, but it is not recognising 1gb, only 512mb. both modules have been tested seperately and both work fine, but not together. i would really appreciate some help on this...........Thanks in advance

goonerbill 18:52 20 Aug 03

heres Gigabytes link to ya mobo click here yes, ya board should be able to take 1.5gb ram. is it not showing 1gb ram on post (booting up) or is it in windows. the FAQ's section in the link isn't much help either. are both sticks of ram the same speed 100mhz and run at the same access timing 9ns etc: or what ever speed they run at, as different speeds may be the problem.

stgeorge1970 18:59 20 Aug 03

thanks, it doesn't show 1gb on either post or windows. there is a possibility that 1 stick is 100 & the other 133, but i thiught if that was the case they woul both run at 100?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…