Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ replacement mobo

scotbruce 10:56 15 Aug 04

Had some initial problems in sorting out the front panel connectors, even with access to the manual.

Got it sorted and PC is up and running again, but the on-off switch is acting as a reset button and the PC is re-booting when shut down.

The mobo replacement came about as a result of a diagnosed blown chip on the old mobo, suspected as a result of a power surge. I’ve lost the graphics card, one HDD, the PSU, a DVD-ROM drive and, I presume, the CPU. Will the HDD and DVD-ROM drives both definitely be fried – I can’t access the first or get the 2nd to read any discs. Just before I throw them away.

Any thoughts, guys?

Thanx in advance.

BIG ben strikes 10 13:25 15 Aug 04

i shouldn't think a "blown chip" would harm internal drives.have you a another computer or a freind that can trust you testing the drives on his computer?maybe?

scotbruce 17:27 16 Aug 04

I've already tried them on another machine. Can't access the HDD at all and same problem (maybe just coincidental timing?) with the DVD-ROM drive not reading anything.
Anyone got any other thoughts?

scotbruce 12:49 30 Aug 04

Total damage, presumed from power surge - blown mobo, presumably CPU (not tested), videocard and apparently one of two HDDs. At least only 1 HDD blew and the RAM is OK!

scotbruce 12:50 30 Aug 04

Total damage, presumed from power surge - blown mobo, presumably CPU (not tested), videocard, DVD drive and one of two HDDs. At least only 1 HDD blew and the RAM is OK!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…