Gigabyte Display Problem!!

Fried Lobster 21:00 25 May 08

Hello,

I'm trying to use my PC via a HDMI cable but after windows XP loading has screen has gone I get no more display. I've selected the onboard graphics using BIOS, tried different HDMI cables and TV's. But still no display after the XP loading screen.

Help much appreciated.
Thanks.

100andthirty 22:17 25 May 08

we'll need more info to help you. Things such as specifications for PC and Graphics Card. Sounds like you may have on-motherboard graphics and a graphics card.

skidzy 22:46 25 May 08

Try connecting the cable ,then right click the desktop and select graphics options or graphics properties.

Its been a while since i connected my lappy to the tv,and that was via vga though...though i guess its the same principle with hdmi.

Fried Lobster 13:21 26 May 08

I have a Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 AM2 Motherboard, a PCI 8500GT GFX card in the PCI slot, I have changed the display to the onboard graphics but using VGA on the motherboard or HDMI i still get no display after the XP loading screen. I've tried to update the drivers for the onboard gfx but I can't using the PCI card because it won't let me.

Thanks.

crosstrainer 13:58 26 May 08

I don't think that either your onboard graphics card, or your PCI adapter are capable of HDMI output.

The PCI card could be used with Svideo or an analouge cable.

Also, if the Nvidia card has a digital output (pretty sure it does) and your TV also has a digital in connecter, you could purchase a digital cable to use it this way.

Fried Lobster 15:46 26 May 08

Thanks, my PC has a HDMI connector on the back so I'm guessing that it is capable of using it, though I might be wrong?

Thanks.

bremner 15:55 26 May 08

The mobo has the following connectors

1 PS/2 keyboard port
1 PS/2 mouse port
4 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 parallel port
1 IEEE1394 port
1 COMA port
1 VGA port
1 RJ-45 port
6 audio jacks (Line In / Line Out / MIC In/Surround Speaker Out (Rear Speaker Out)/Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out

The nVidia 8500GT is a fairly entry level graphics card ad a Google failed to show any with an HDMI connection.

Could you be mistaken that the connector is HDMI - Is it off the motherboard or the Graphics Card?

skidzy 17:22 26 May 08

Are you sure you not getting confused with your Firewire port...certainly sounds that way.Here are a couple of firewire pictures for you click here

If im wrong on this,can you confirm your HDMI cable actually fits to your motherboard or graphics card ?

Fried Lobster 11:39 27 May 08

Yes I can confirm that the HDMI is real and can connect a cable into it.

bremner 17:02 27 May 08

From which component, motherboard or graphics card, is the HDMI connection?

skidzy 17:10 27 May 08

Well new one on me,your graphics card does have hdmi but i believe its the PCI-E and not pci...though i maybe wrong of course.

Have you sorted this issue yet as i see its ticked resolved ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5