Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra and Adobe Photoshop 6

xxxxxxxxx 00:06 28 Jul 03

My system - 7VAXP Ultra mobo, 1800+ AMD with fan, 2 off 128Mb PC2100 generic ram, 80Gb Diamondmax +9 HDD with 8Mb cache, floppy, Innovision MX440 64Mb TV out VGA card, Diamond PCI 56K modem, Liteon DVD and CDRW units, 19" CTX VL950 monitor,SIIG SCSI-2 adapter. Standard k/board and ps/2 mouse, all housed in Aria midi tower case with 300w p/supply.

Problem:- Running Windows Me and Ad. Photoshop 6 when zooming in on image on desktop using either the zoom icon or CTRL + / -, the first 3 levels of zoom appear immediately on screen, if a 4th. level is requested then there is a delay of up to 3-5 seconds before display. Similarly if using ERASER tool - this will leave a white line across its path, sudden movement in it will not produce a response on the image for 2-5 seconds.

I have tried new Crucial memory and inc. the memory of 512MB w/o sucess. Could it be the standard 300w p/s?

Also I believe that there is a further bios access to this mobo when pressing [CTRL] [F1], when is this done, before the first bios is displayed, during, after or what, the mobo book makes no mention.

Your help grately appreciated.

Dave Hughes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…