gif probs

Mr Tinkles II 00:06 28 Sep 03

just started using frontpage for the first time. i have inserted an animated gif yet no matter what wrapping or positional styles i use i cant position the damn thing on the page properly. any ideas out there?

MichelleC 09:20 28 Sep 03

FP doesn't have an accurate representation when in normal mode for how it'll look in browser, so you may have to use 'position absolutely' and readjust position by jumping back and forth in 'Preview in Browser' under 'file'. (Your gif may look out of position in normal view.) The 'preview' view is no good.

Mr Tinkles II 10:00 28 Sep 03

its my first use of frontpage but it sounds like it can be a pain. would macromedia's dreamweaver be better? (websites ive done before, just never with fp) thanks for the info

MAJ 10:12 28 Sep 03

It's a lot easier (it would appear) to use Dremweaver to position objects than it is to use FP. In Dreamweaver, go to Insert > Layer, click inside the layer and Insert > Image and that's it, object positioned, and you can drag it around the page until your hearts's content and it will appear where you've left it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…