Gif files not displaying

Yimbo 23:35 18 Nov 08

I downloaded several photos from the web, which are in gif format. When I try to open them, the Quicktime logo appears briefly in each thumbnail, then all that remains is an empty box. They don't open with Quicktime (or any other of my programmes). Can anyone help me to get them displayed? Can I change the format to jpeg, which works well? If so, how - and will I lose quality?

MAJ 00:24 19 Nov 08

Gifs will open in any image viewer. Try Irfanview. click here

MAJ 00:27 19 Nov 08

You could even drag the gif to a browser window and it should be displayed. I've just thought......... maybe it's an animated gif, in which case the browser window will show it animated, a graphics program will only show one frame of the animation.

Yimbo 11:13 19 Nov 08

I've downloaded Irfanview - I'll see how I get on!

Yimbo 11:24 19 Nov 08

Irfanview looks great! However, all my images are displayed as thumbnails - except those in the folder of Gif. The titles appear, but no actual images. Maybe the files themselves are corrupted in some way! Can you take me any further?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…