.gif attachment

Enoch 10:46 08 Oct 05

I need to open an attachment with a .Gif extension. Is there any vewiers I can download to enable me so to do please. Currently it comes out in gobbledegook text

VoG II 10:46 08 Oct 05
  Enoch 10:51 08 Oct 05

VoG, is it as easy as that. Do I just down load and install, and that will then enable me to view said .gif ??

VoG II 10:52 08 Oct 05

It should do.

Enoch 10:56 08 Oct 05

Thanks VoG, I will now attempt.

bremner 11:10 08 Oct 05

You do not say what operating system you have - but XP's built in Windows Picture and Fax viewer will open gif files.

Enoch 11:36 08 Oct 05

bremner

I am running XP, and I can see .gif files on my PC. This is for my friend on his PC. He is also running XP but cannot open .gif files. I know I have Windows Picture and Fax viewer, but for some reason he does not and I am loath to alter up HIS system. I just want to enable him to see these files

bremner 12:01 08 Oct 05

All they need to do is 'associate' the gif extension with Picture and Fax Viewer.

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types

Go down the list to GIF and click on it once.

The bottom box will say " Opens With" and will then say what.

If it is not Windows Picture and Fax Viewer then click change - Picture and Fax Viewer should be listed as an option

Enoch 14:46 08 Oct 05

Bremner

I have experimented on my PC and your instructions make sense. So, tomorrow I will attempt to do what you suggest on his PC and I will come back to this "string" and let you know.

Meanwhile, thanks to you and to VoG. If your way does not work I will try VoG's way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…