GIANT AntiSpyware

NickyK 16:25 12 Nov 04

Is this product worth purchasing?

Or am I okay with Spybot, Ad-aware and SpywareBlaster?

I use Windows XP Home and IE/AOL 9.0.

Or, is there any other protection (preferably freeware) that I should consider?

VoG II 16:27 12 Nov 04

At least it is legitimate.

Have a look at click here

Tenacious Green 16:42 12 Nov 04

My friend used the Giant 15 day trial yesterday to get rid of some nasties that Ad-aware and Spybot didn't touch. He said it did the trick and was quite impressed with it.

click here(xyvrvpvwmdbzqm453g4iv545)/download.aspx?prodID=70

For free tial.

Tenacious Green 16:44 12 Nov 04

Don't know what happened with the link try again

click here)/download.aspx?prodID=70

Tenacious Green 16:47 12 Nov 04

Sorry doesn't work. Go to click here and follow the links to free trial

NickyK 16:50 12 Nov 04

Thanks to both above correspondents. I've been trialling it too, and it seems very good. But I am always suspicious of anything that seems very good, that I have to pay for and about which I know very little!

Meshuga 20:32 12 Nov 04

I have just downloaded the trial version and run a scan and it came up with 7 threats that other scans never found. Going to run its trial period and may well buy it. Meshuga.

CurlyWhirly 21:27 12 Nov 04

It gets 9.5 out of 10 in a review at click here

Tenacious Green 22:25 12 Nov 04

Well, took the plunge with 15 day trial, Got to say it found four items ad-aware and spybot didn't, one of which was a registry key of newdotnet, which I thought I got rid of about a month ago - obviously not. The program itself looks very good. Will run it for 15 days and see, but being a bit of a scrooge will it persuade me to buy?

CurlyWhirly 23:01 12 Nov 04

I also tried out the 15 day free trial and it found 6 cookies and one of these was an 'elevated' threat (whatever that is) which SpyBot and Ad-Aware SE both missed.

The only thing is that in my opinion having too many anti-spyware tools could cause conflicts or false positives.

Boy Zone 13:14 13 Nov 04

well I also tried this out, and it found over 10 that ad_aware failed to find. I am not too sure that there is any conflict, but what do I know?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…