Ghpx Displays Diagonal Black Rectangles in Games

Revenant 18:15 16 Feb 05

After a re-install of everything on my machine, all the games I play now display several diagonal lines of flicker black rectangles.

The games are Doom3, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident & Sid Meier's Pirates!.

The effect was first noticed when I re-installed Doom3 & appears only across the revolving planet in the main menu. But then starting the game & it's everywhere making it unplayable.

The effect is in the "engine-thrust" of space ship in Nexus, and most of Pirates! has it to some degree- especially in the city-sneaking parts.

My graphics card is a Radeon All In Wonder 9800 SE. I've downloaded various drivers, including the latest 5.1 Catalyst out this month. I was running DirectX 9.0b on Doom3, but updated this to 9.0c with the other two games as they require it. No difference. I'm running XP home with SP2 on an Athlon 2200 Mhz 3400+ machine with 1024 RAM & a Maxtor SCSI 300GB drive.

I've tried formatting my other partition, only installing XP Home SP1, SoundMAX, ATI Drivers, DirectX & the games, but get the same problem. So I'm thinking it's a BIOS or Hardware problem.

Note, I never had this issue with Doom3 about 2 months ago before a crash & complete rebuild.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…