Ghostsurf uninstalled but now can't use Int Explor

FatboySlim71 11:27 24 May 06

I had Ghostsurf 2005 installed on my PC, which I have now uninstalled as I was finding a slightly slower internet speed, than without it.

The Problem I have now is, when I load up Internet Explorer, I cannot visit any site, I am sure that Ghostsurf has altered some settings in Internet Explorer and I was wondering is there a way of returning these to what they were or is there another way of fixing this problem, I keep getting this shown,

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

VoG II 11:30 24 May 06

Try this click here

FatboySlim71 11:43 24 May 06

I tried the program but the problem still is there

FatboySlim71 13:00 24 May 06

I have now reinstalled Ghostsurf and now the problem has dissapeared, but as soon as I disable ghostsurf the problem returns. I would really like to be able to uninstall Ghostsurf but if I do this I have the DNS Error, can anyone think of a way of been able to uninstall Ghostsurf and not have the problem I have mentioned.

VoG II 13:13 24 May 06
  FatboySlim71 13:22 24 May 06

Thanks everyone for the help, I found the solution to it on this site,

click here

basically if you visit this site and download this small program it will allow all the settings etc for internet explorer to be returned to what they were before installing Ghostsurf, needless to say I will not be purchasing the full version of Ghostsurf after the trouble I have had with the trial version. Thanks again everyone for the help, I will now mark this topic as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…