Ghostly images !

Creditman 17:01 18 Feb 04

2 greyed-out images keep appearing, usually in a My Pictures folder but also in My Documents. The one is an image I have recently printed - except that it says its a TIFF image but the real image I printed from is a JPEG. The other says its a DAT file modified on todays date which I cannot open. Whenever I see these chaps I delete them but when I next logon they appear again ! They both come with the same label - hpotho7 - which clearly relates to my HP printer or camera. The recycle bin is full of these ! Any ideas about this please ?

Indigo 1 17:53 18 Feb 04

Do you know if they just appear randomly or if they only appear on startup ?

Do you have a fully updated Anti-Virus prog ?

Have you scanned for spyware ?

Creditman 10:15 19 Feb 04

They appear to be random, but since I only see them when opening My Pics or My Docs it's hard to say when they first appear. Yes I have Norton AV fully uptodate & Adaware.

Creditman 20:04 19 Feb 04

The more I look at these tne more sure I am that these result from my HP printer software & not any kind of virus ? But I do want to get rid of them! Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…