Ghosting on 2ms 20 inch samsung tft

VNAM75 19:44 01 Dec 07

I've got a 20 inch samsung pebble tft monitor from ebuyer. Because it is 2ms response rate I expected it to be blur free.

When watching a dvd it seems fine. Sometimes there is some flicker which I think is down to the delay in the cpu or grahics card processing the dvd images (?) It is the same with games.

But the problem is when I drag windows (eg. internet explorer, excel..) around, I get a blur around the edges and in the middle when I move it across the screen. Is this ghosting and should it happen on a 2ms monitor?

I thought 2ms was a better response rate than a crt. I have installed the samsung monitor driver and selected my grahics card as the display driver but it makes no difference.

I am thinking whether this is due to the limitations of my graphics card and cpu or the monitor. My card is a nvidia 128mb 6600gt and cpu is an amd 3800. The resolution is currently at 1680 x 1050. Is it too high for my graphics card? But lowering it doesn't seem to make any difference.

With my previus viewsonic vp19b 19 inch tft I was able to reduce the blur a lot when I loaded the monitor driver.

crosstrainer 19:50 01 Dec 07

Card, not the monitor...The good old 6600GT isn't up to the task....How technology moves on..To get the best from your monitor look at the 8600-8800 series of cards:

click here

Make sure your power supply is adequate as well...This new generation of cards require an extra power connector, and a minimum of 600Watts output on the psu.

VNAM75 20:22 01 Dec 07

Thanks for advice. But quite disappointed that my card can't handle a 20" monitor properly!

Have found 2 8600gt cards, one is overclocked and one has silent fan/heat pipe and within my £70 budget. Which one is more suitable?

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5