Ghost, RAID hidden partition, now only PC-DOS

Pelham123 19:59 10 Dec 05

Sorry about the cryptic title.

I have 2x80Gb in a striped RAID, partitioned into 2x20Gb, 1x120Gb. The first two partitions are used for OS/Program files, the larger partition is used to store personal files etc. I bought a 40Gb IDE drive for backup. I tried to use Acronis to clone the first two partitions to the backup drive. Couldnt achieve this due to Acronis saying that the original drive was too big (duh). In my wisdom(!) I used Ghost to hide the larger partition, thinking that I could then fool Acronis into cloning the disk. After reboot my PC booted into Ghost PC-DOS, despite a few attempts this happened repeatedly. I then used Ghost to un-hide the partition, but on re-boot the same problem occurs. My PC will not boot past Ghost PC-DOS. Can anyone help me on this? I have no back-up images created...that was my next plan:(

I would like to try and recover my personal files, the OS can obviously be clean installed...

With thanks.

Skills 00:02 11 Dec 05

A Plan would be to get a live linux cd and boot from that that should then allow you to access your hard drive and you should be able to copy files off.

Pelham123 06:32 11 Dec 05

Hmm, seem to remember having some Fedora Core 3 install disks knocking around, will give it a try - thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…