Ghost query

miniboy 21:46 27 Sep 05

Hi,

I am about to buy Norton's ghost.
Before i do i want to check that i can back up my laptop as an image and restore it. My laptop has no floppy but a DVD combo unit instead. What if the image is over the 4GB that the disc's can hold?
Say, after my programs are on it is 10Gb. Can i back up to my external Lacie drive? The problem is then whether my Tecra A2 will boot from a USB device?
Would it be better to back up XP and whatever else to make 4GB for a DVD which it could boot from and then perform incremental back-ups stored on the Lacie? Will ghost do what i have mentioned?

Thanks in advance

VoG II 21:53 27 Sep 05

Save the backups to your external drive. The Ghost CD is bootable and includes the drivers to enable access to your USB drive. Thus if your computer won't boot normally you can set the BIOS to boot from the CD drive click here then insert the Ghost CD and restart.

Ghost includes a scheduler so you can set the frequency of full and incremental backups, and how many backups to keep so you don't run out of disk space.

miniboy 22:05 27 Sep 05

Thaks for helpful reply. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…